• Show
Clear All

Scottish Sword Help

Blade
    Attached Files

maker mark.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello All. I recently bought a Scottish Sword and knowing little to nothing about them I attempted to do a bit of research. I can't identify the cypher or the time frame for this sword. I would appreciate any help you could provide?
      Best regards.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
        I am sorry to say I think this is a replica Broadsword that has probably been made in India. Over the last 10 or so years these have been flooding onto the market. One of the easiest ways of spotting them is the double proof mark on the blade {that is the star of David emblem}. On original swords one side usually has a makers name or suppliers and address engraved into the blade.
        These Indian made swords are well made but usually they are not well balanced and feel 'Blade Heavy' when held by the handle.

Comment

Replica

It is a replica. The proof marks are a giveaway. Also, the mixture of the VR cypher with a "King's" crown isn't what you would expect to see on a correct sword.

Comment

Yup, it's a fake.

Comment

I now have a better idea of what to look for in the future.
              Those pesky Indians! Thanks for the information.
              Best regards.

Comment

Yes they make all sorts of swords there's been a flood of early naval dirks I have noticed recently . Quite often Scottish swords are unmarked. Rob
                God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X