Devils's Brigade Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devils's Brigade Insignia

Does anyone out there have an original 1SSF, Devil's Brigade, insignia. In particular, I am interested in the USA over CANADA patch. I know of one locally, but I havn't a clue how to tell the good from the bad on one of these. Any help would be appreciated!!
    Cheers,
    James

Hello James,

I think you'd be much better posting this on the US forum. I'm sure some of the guys will know of them/have them.

Cheers, from Jack.

Comment

Hi Jack,

Took your advice and posted a thread on the US forum. Might as well cover all bases!

Cheers,
      James

Comment

Hi James, sadly I could have helped you out with one of these 20 years ago. I bought 6 of these from a friend who collected them as a child back in the late 1940's. I sold them all, bar one, (which I kept for my colection) to the old long gone shop "Quartermaster's at the Angel" in London. I cannot recall the price now but they were very keen to buy them. They were of conventional US construction with the usual "tan edge" to the patch. The remaining one went to a friend, who still has it, when I sold my US collection in 1989.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

James,
          Take a high res. scan, front & back, and email to Wayne Cline.
          He's knows the good from the bad.
          Roy

Comment

Dbi

DBI I have IMO a good piece and a good copy.The reverse is the big give away.WW2 manufacture is unique to any thing that came after that.I have found a black lite useful on US/Canadian insignia.I will try and post my examples/Cheers Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X