British para jacket...1942

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British para jacket...1942

A friend of mine has this jacket in his collection and would like to know more information. He can't find any documentation about this para jacket. Is there someone on the forum who can help him to supply more information. thanks

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hello Luc,

This is the very first design of the British Airborne Smock that was copied from the German FJ design. This was the type of item that was worn before the Denison Smock was introduced. It looks like it has been shortened (originally had two short leg step in thingies) and has had two pockets added on the hips. For what reason I don't know why? Maybe civilian use? Even so, it is still a very rare piece and highly desirable!

Many thanks, from Jack.

Comment

Hello Luc,
              I agree with Jack. It was known as the 1942 Pattern Gabardine Jump jacket.
              It is possible that it is a reproduction item: I know that a lot of British uniforms are on the market with a Rego Clothiers Ltd label. But I haven't seen this jacket before.
              Cheers, Luc

Comment

Hi Luc, as Jack and Luc have said the jacket is a heavily modified 1942 pattern "step-in" pattern smock. I have no problem with the originality of the jacket but it's collector desirability has been really killed by the mods. I believe these to be post war civillian in origin. The drawstring waist is one of these in addition to those listed by Jack. Most of these smocks were worn out by being used for training.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X