No announcement yet.

Para helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jack, thanks for posting the link. I did not see the blouse for sale on E Bay. This again is something I would not have bid on. The blouse itself appears OK. But the insignia on the blouse is very suspect. The shoulder titles show signs of having been applied very recently. See how the stitiching looks? The beret with the removed lining is another warning sign as the lining is one of the best ways to determine a fake. The price is a fraction of what an original blouse and beret should fetch. This again sends out warning signs.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I think what we have here is a helmet that was clearly put together to defraud someone. Jeroen, you need to contact the seller and request a refund. Send him a link to this thread if you like.

And if I can, I will post some photos of my genuine fibre rim tomorrow. By the way I actually bought it on ebay!

>>>So what do we have here?

Comment

Thanks Luc No the pubs are not closed but I plan to go out on the weekend when I'm not at college

Jeroen, Luc is spot on about the badges from the seller cunnard to. Most collectors seem to agree that these are fakes made in Pakistan or somewhere similar.

Cheers, from Jack.

Comment

Good luck with that refund Jeroen, it is well worth a try!

If you need more pictures of genuine fibre rim helmets just send me a PM with your e-mail address!

About the glider pilot BD blouse: a nicely dated blouse in good condition with repro badges will also cost a lot so no big loss here!
          Please check: http://www.pegasusmilitaria.com/page30.html

Cheers, Luc

PS Jack, virtual pint attached!

Comment

Yeah,

I know from cunnard it is already, undone , send him some mail that the insigna are fake, but he says that are original, and collected him for several years!

Comment

Hi Jeroen,
              He told me that story too!
              When I contacted him on another occasion to ask why he had 2 different Glider Pilots Wings at different starting prices he replied that his suppliers charged him differently!
              I also asked him if he had 1941 dated Pegasus patches (these were introduced in 1942) and he had! So he is a lier and a fraud.

I don't mind people selling repro's but knowing that they are and omitting to say so is a big fat horrible lie in my opinion.
              Cheers, Luc

Comment

[

I bought some of stuff of Cunnard and that ......Petehal an expensive lesson .At least the helmet seller threw in a net .I agree with the others ask him nicely for a refund .Rob.
                God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

May I add helmutz_1, hanbut, draganow, 1canpara, biggles_rfc, kingofzoar. Not all of them clearly state that the items are not original.

Cheers, Luc
                  Last edited by lnijherald; 12-15-2004, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Yes, Luc thats true, he says not that they are WW2, but original.

for a ass like me its the same

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X