Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button ID help needed

Hello Gents,

A few years ago I obtained a small lot of buttons, most of which I was able to identify. However, I recently got them back (had been left with the ex back in Montreal by accident!) and there are a couple I'm not sure of. Both are naval-related. I'm hoping you can help.

I have something in my head that the one on the left might be Merchant Navy but I can't remember where I would have got that info from and searching the net I have not found a match. It's not maker marked.

The one on the right looks quite old in the construction, has a tin(?) looking reverse with the brass front. Not marked either and with a fairly thin and fragile looking "shank". I'm not even sure this is British/Commonwealth as the crown is odd...but thought I would start here.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide...

Cheers,

Adam
    Attached Files

Hello Adam,

Just guessing here really, but what the hell, I'll tell you anyway

The one on the left I think maybe be Argentina Navy related? I seem to remember seeing this button on such a uniform that was described as being from Argentina.

The crown thingy on the one on the right looks like the Greek crown to me but I could be wrong?

Hope this helps, from Jack.

Comment

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your input, however, I still have something in my head telling me that the one with the Star is either merchant marine or Volunteer Reserve, or something along those lines.

As far as the crown, it does somewhat resemble the Greek crown, you're right. However, I'm not convinced that's the closest match. I collect Greek ODM so see the Greek crown quite often.

Hopefully a naval collector will spot this and set us straight! Where are you sailors?

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Try,
        Left Chile
        Right Portuguese or Dutch

Comment

Hi Marc,

Thanks for that...I'll have a go with Chilean and Dutch/Portuguese and see if I can dig anything up.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

This botom not is Argentina, (the naval buttons are without crown)

Cheers,

Maxi.

Comment

Thanks for the help, Maxi!

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X