Can anyone help identify the is badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone help identify the is badge?

I was informed that this insignia was used by a commando raiding force during WW2, but I have not been able to locate any information about this patch. If anyone can point me in the right direction and recommend a publication that has information about this patch / Unit I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks
    Paul
    Attached Files

Originally posted by P.Manoel
    I was informed that this insignia was used by a commando raiding force during WW2, but I have not been able to locate any information about this patch. If anyone can point me in the right direction and recommend a publication that has information about this patch / Unit I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks
    Paul
    This is the badge of the Dodecanese District also Force 281. Formed as Force 281 8 Sep 44, moved to Syme 25 Dec 44 thence to Rhodes May 45 after the German Garrison surrendered and redesignated. ref Cole's Formation Badges of world War Two pg 107.
    If you are interested in letting this badge go please let me know.
    Scarce one.
    Garth

Comment

Thankyou Garth

Thanks for the information about the patch Garth you'll be the first to know if I ever want to part with this badge. Now all I need to do is find a copy of Coles Formation Badges of World War Two!
      Thanks Paul

Comment

Very nice patch Paul

I've sent you a PM about the book!

Cheers, from Jack

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X