Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

League of Frontiersmen Uniform

Good day Gentlemen

I picked this unusual uniform up today. League of Frontiersmen from the 1920s.

Can anyone tell me what the arm flashes signify. White rose made of white metal painted white below a felt red/yellow/red flash.

Regards

James
    Attached Files
    Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
    Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

The badges and buttons are all very nicely made. Buttons are by Pitt & Co London
    Attached Files
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges

Comment

And the shoulder title on the chain mail and a loop on the lower arm presumably for an arm band of some sort
      Attached Files

Comment

I think it is the 49th Division (West Riding).

However, please wait for the more conversed to respond though.

Comment

Hi Marcus, Thanks for your comment.

Gentlemen

I know little about the Frontiersmen other than they were a paramilitary organisation that was formed in the early 1900s and faded out in the 30s. I also understand that the 25th Frontiersmen Battalion of the Royal Fusiliers was formed by these gentlemen.

What happened to them after the war? I got the impression that they were a pretty small organisation but they must have been big enough to form divisions. Were there lots of other divisions in addition to the 49th Division? Where can I find out more about these guys? I've looked on wikipedia but the information is a bit sketchy.

This khaki lanyard was found in one of the pockets. Does it signify anything? It appears to be top short to fit this uniform properly.

Anyway I'm not a uniform collector so this one is seeking a new home

Many thanks for your comments

James
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X