Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Canadian Tank brigade "Ram" badge...any idea of price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Canadian Tank brigade "Ram" badge...any idea of price?

Hi to All,

Does anyone have an idea of the price of that scarce 1st Canadian Tank brigade "Ram" badge worn on left shoulder of the bd jacket by the tank crew of the Calgary Regiment where they landed at Dieppe the 19th of august 1942?

Thanks in advance!
    Best to All
    Thierry

Hi Thierry,

I've been collecting Canadian Dieppe related items for sometime and have only seen a few of these come up over the years. A 1st Canadian Army tank Brigade sleeve patch, Ram, is very scarce and desirable patch and I would expect it to have a value of at least $300-$500 Cdn in todays market.

Cheers,
    James

Just looking at the image you provided again... And I believe the patch pictured was at one point one of the Ram patches in my own personal collection and if I recall correctly I sold it on eBay for somewhere in the $400 range a few years back.
    Last edited by uptheroyals; 07-24-2014, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uptheroyals View Post
      Hi Thierry,

I've been collecting Canadian Dieppe related items for sometime and have only seen a few of these come up over the years. A 1st Canadian Army tank Brigade sleeve patch, Ram, is very scarce and desirable patch and I would expect it to have a value of at least $300-$500 Cdn in todays market.

Cheers,
      James

Just looking at the image you provided again... And I believe the patch pictured was at one point one of the Ram patches in my own personal collection and if I recall correctly I sold it on eBay for somewhere in the $400 range a few years back.

Hi James,

Thanks very much for your precious reply...that I expected a little without being sure you were registered on the site...because as you clearly recognize, the pictures of the badge enclosed are those I caught from your site for my personal records only (when it was visible...I cannot reach it today) because it was the first time I saw good pictures of an original since my long quest for this "rarrissime" badge.

I finally found one these passing days but without precise price as the seller, not collector, doesn't know precisely what it is and what it's worth...as me! reason why of my post.

So thanks again James, I can now make an offer.
      All the Best to All of You
      Thierry

On these interesting WWII colours pictures (captured from a book) we can see the Calgary Regiment in England in 1941 during an inspection wearing this particular "Ram" badge at top left sleeve under Calgary Rgt titles (glue back, British made)

...from the same photo report we can see the Captain D.J Purdy (without the "Ram" badge) who take part to the Raid on Dieppe as commander of Churchill tank Bull
      He will be KIA this 19th of august 1942 and is buried at "Les Vertus" the WWII Canadian Dieppe war cemetery...may he rest in peace.

Cpt D.J Purdy, KIA, Dieppe beach 19th of august 1942

Les Vertus, Dieppe Canadian War Cemetery

...Many of the men buried here were not identified...

Comment

The early pattern Calgary Regiment titles were embroidered on melton with a backing material. The starch back pattern were similar in colour but did not come into use until the summer of 1945.

Comment

"Poor Capt. Purdy..he took a bullet across the bridge of his nose and almost made it to the shelter of the furthest most tank, a little ways up the beach..I turned around and shouted to him to come quick, the Jerry mortars were creeping in closer and closer..at that exact moment, an 88 screamed in and kicked up a great shower of dirt and stones...when I raised my head, he was still and never moved again"

A Soldier's Tale: Canadian Soldiers In Their Own Words

Nelson Monograph 1968

Comment

My Ram patch that was found in a box of WWII patches stuffed in the rafters of a house in Red Deer, Alberta. No backing and uniform removed .Was told it was a reversible patch for either arm.

Comment

Dieppe exhibition ?

Hello Thierry, Sorry to ask this way, I was wondering if you do an exhibition this year in Dieppe? If so, do you have an idea of dates? With best regards, Cris

Comment

Originally posted by Cisse View Post
                Hello Thierry, Sorry to ask this way, I was wondering if you do an exhibition this year in Dieppe? If so, do you have an idea of dates? With best regards, Cris
                Hello Cris,
                Thanks for your request...All is here!
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...03#post7853303

Thierry

Comment

Originally posted by JUBILEE42 View Post
                  Hello Cris,
                  Thanks for your request...All is here!
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...03#post7853303

Thierry
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=919413

Comment

I would be interested in buying an example of the ram patch if anyone knows of one for sale please?

Many thanks, Keith

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X