Mounted Regiment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounted Regiment?

Got a bunch of these but can't find a matching Regiment for it as all 23's are out of Service. Who's using them today?
    Attached Files

A back number
    maybe to add, that they came with some Tons of UK Military Clothing.
    Attached Files

Comment

they look like they're probably for a polo team

Comment

Yes, these are Polo Shirts. They came together with Rugby Shirts of the 28th Engineer Regiment from a UK Military source, so my guess was Military.
        Except for 2 Numbers I have a Set from 1 to 16.
        Attached Files

Comment

Many of the British army regiments continued to use their numbers long after they were officially dropped, so the 23rd foot, the Royal Welch Fusiliers were still using the 23 at least up to and during WWII. The RWF were one of the most traditionally minded of all the regiments, being over 300 years in existence before they were finally amalgamated with the RRW as the Royal Welsh in 2006.

Comment

You're right with this and the Shirt might fit the Timeframe of the RWF, but then, the Horse makes no sense to me. Maybe for Yorkshire based unit, but for a Welsh I expect the Feathers.

Comment

I suspect the shirt with the XXIII on it is a rugby shirt, and the RE top is a garment worn for PT and such activities; well, that is, such was worn for the use of when I was still in the army. I think you even had to purchase the "training top."

Try the army rugby league website and send them an image for identification.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X