Need help with a WWII medic British Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with a WWII medic British Helmet

This is my first post here. My uncle picked this up at a junk store. I'm curious what it is and what the approximate value is.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks much - Ty
    Attached Files

The liner ..
    Attached Files

Comment

Emr

Hello Ty,

The EMR on the Helmet may stand for a couple of things....

1) Emergency Medical Rescue (Meaning it was a Medics helmet for a medic involved directly at the scene .. i.e with the ARP's / Police / Fire teams at a bomb site etc ...)

2)Also,The EMR might have been a direct reference to the department where the medic was working ... Emergency Medical Room.

The Helmet itself looks to be A1 original BTW .... and you might find a date stamped on one of the cross supports in the helmet if you are lucky !!

Regards

Gary J.

Comment

Thanks much Gary.

Please, Can anyone else help out here. Guess to what it is, approximate value etc,,

Comment

Ade or Andy D may know they know they're into their 'home front' items, if thats what it is.

How's it going Ty I haven't spoken to you for ages, I hope all is well my friend

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Hi there Marcus,
            Good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well. It appears we are both collecting good stuff but just different things. Mostly helmets for me.
            Talk to you soon, Ty

Comment

I recived this helmet some days ago from Smith, awesome helmet, still no "Real value" on this one? Whats it worth?

Comment

£15 or thereabouts .Rob.
                God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

We find them here from $35 to $50, Depending on shape and liner etc. The medic cross on this makes it kinda of cool.

Comment

Value

Originally posted by Ty Smith
                    Thanks much Gary.

Please, Can anyone else help out here. Guess to what it is, approximate value etc,,
                    I would think it would be worth about $125 $150

Comment

Hi

I sold a 56th london div signed helmet for £80 this year. This is possibly not so desirable as it is home front, although this stuff is really on the up. I wouldn't think you would have too much trouble getting £50 in this country, possibly more abroad.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

£50 are you sure .Half the liner is missing whats left might not be of British origin ,there is no chinstrap the only good point is the red cross which possibly might not have anything to do with WW2 .It would be interesting to know what the dates on the liner and shell are .Rob.
                        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

condition

Taking into account condition and "non" military status of the markings, I would guestimate around the £20 - £30 GBP mark.

Regards

Gary J.

Comment

I'll give you 20 quid if you want to sell it!

I obviously don't know what i'me talking about so that is a good deal

Yours, Guy.

Comment

hello there!

i´m the new owner of the helmet.... i saw earlier that it was a question of the markings on the helmet. it is stamped with "II" and "1940" i can´t find any stamps on the liner.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X