2nd Pattern FS Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Pattern FS Knife

Can I get opinions on this 2nd Pattern FS knife. The blade looks to have been replaced at some point. Exposed threads on tang. Has been sharpened. I think the handle and sheath are good. Seller was trying to say that sometimes they left the factory that way. The blade looks thinner than normal for a Wilkinson.
    Attached Files

More Pics

More Pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Some More Pics

More Pics
      Attached Files

Comment

I would not buy this 2nd pattern
        It's original but in terrible condition and has been apart
        The tang should never pert rude through the nut

Comment

i could be wrong but i have read the ones marked "england" are post war, for export(?)

Comment

redline - that is correct - stamped that way before shipping to the US for sale post war. Not a good piece for a serious collector, IMO.

Comment

Hilt doesn't match the rest of the knifes condition....if it were the correct blade the hilt would be very worn....stay away from this one...wait for a better example...use the search bar ...I posted an untouched one years ago here....it was with a blued blade and purchased by a member of the bloody bucket division joe rizzo(scroll engraved on the blade with his name and germany 1945 ....I purchased it from his wife in prescott az.(now remarried)as I believe he was killed in the hurtgen forest.

Comment

Knives stamped this way were made pre 45 but shiped to the us after the war to pay off war depts

Comment

Originally posted by redline09 View Post
                  i could be wrong but i have read the ones marked "england" are post war, for export(?)
                  Not quite.... they are wartime made knives but sent to the US post war and stamped England as per importation regulations.

Comment

Contraire mon frare....It's good to speak your opinions good or bad....relax it's likely you may be right, and I may be wrong...nobody here is perfect.....we all learn something more often than not no matter how old/or young,and share our knowledge . you are among friends .

Comment

The hilt is very badly worn
                      It's a genuine knife that's had a hard life
                      When it got loose the top nut has been tightened that's why you can see the tang

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X