Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

153 & 154 Gurkha Parachute Bn Badges

Good day Gentlemen

I picked these up today. Can you tell if they are genuine?

Many thanks

James
    Attached Files
    Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
    Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

I can't say I like the look of them, to be honest. My understanding is that the two units had their badges made in India, which these do not look like at all. Are the cloth backing patches meant to be part of the original badges? That would be wrong for WWII as well. However, the Gurkha Museum at Aldershot will sell you a book on their insignia for L15.00 and there are some real pros on the British Badge Forum. I know a little about Indian Army stuff but haven't kept up with modern [post'47] Gurkha insignia, which is what I expect these are. Good luck with the hunt!

Peter

Comment

Thanks for your comments Peter. I think they are modern - 60s or 70s. in hand they just have that feel about them

All the best

James
      Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
      Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
      Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Comment

That's my estimate too, James. These were widely copied in that period and at least one other Gurkha collector on the Indian sub-forum of the British Badge Forum says they're copies as well. Hope you're not out of pocket too much.

Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X