Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAF Pilot glases

Hi,

My father brought these home once to ride his motorcycle but I immediately thought these to be pilot glases so I took them into my collection. Are these WWII original ones or perhaps produced post-war?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sorry postwar motor goggels 50or 60s

Comment

These is post war made,but they are exactly the same and the same manufacturer as war time googles...

There should be a A.M stamp on them,for Air Ministry and also the metal should be blue/grey in colour...

Comment

Yep!

Almost identical, but post war without doubt, to the Mk VIII flying goggles!
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks alot you guys, I kinda hoped these were original but now I know for sure.
                  I am looking for a nice original pair so the search will go on ;-)

Kind regards,
                  Harald

Comment

Check eBay for MkVIII goggles - they are the most commonly found and were used way beyond the end of WW2. I know of at least one RAF stores that still had boxed unissued examples on the shelves in the 1980's!

Also, The Historic Flying Clothing Company is one of the best dealers around for flying kit and he always has MkVIII's (and others) for sale. Not always the cheapest but definitely the best in my opinion - I have dealt with David for over 20 years and have never been disappointed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X