English MKII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English MKII

I just bought this MKII English helmet with a rough camo paint. Looks a bit like cement? Anybody knows where the English used this type of camo?

Whil try to post a photo this evening. But if anybody has a idea please let me know.

Regards Eabe
    Last edited by Eabe; 04-04-2014, 03:05 AM.

Here it is, it is a photo made by the seller of the helmet. Any comments?
    Last edited by Eabe; 04-04-2014, 03:32 AM. Reason: photo not uploaden corrcet.

Comment

Looks to be a nice standard army Mk2, dark brown textured paint started to be used around 1941/42 .Before that it was khaki green.

Comment

Thank you fore the info. Any idea on what front it was user? Africa i think.

Comment

They (dark brown) would have been issued as & when the khaki green painted ones & at the same time, had been used up. Supplied to army, navy & RAF on all fronts.

Comment

As said, it's the standard Army paint from about 1937-1941/2. It was used on every front. They changed the colour to a dark brown/green after that.

Lovely looking British Army MKII

Comment

....... just realised, Tinlid thinks this is a Dark brown colour. On my computer it looks like the earlier one !

Could you take another picture in different light ?

Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Hello,
                When i recieve the helmet i will make soms pictures in different Lightning.
                Thanks fore the comments.

Comment

Hi everyone,

It looks to me like the typical darker brown finish of mid- to late-war British helmets. Reminds me of the colour of cooking chocolate! This colour and rough finish was also used on Mk III and Mk IV helmets.

Looking at the early liner bolt at the top, maybe the liner has been changed at some point. Or perhaps just the paint finish has worn off the bolt. Anyway, it looks like a nice lid from the outside.

Matthew

Comment

Got the helmet in today. The colour is dark brown, rough texture. The helmet is dated 1942 and the liner 1943. No signs of a different colour under the Brown texture paint. Also inside had this paint. Factory done than?

Comment

Be good to see some close up pictures of it when you get time.

Comment

Will post soms today.
                        Last edited by Eabe; 04-13-2014, 08:48 AM.

Comment

http://www.plaatjesdump.nl/upload/a2...add340b047.jpg
                          http://www.plaatjesdump.nl/upload/e1...fb58e788e0.jpg
                          http://www.plaatjesdump.nl/upload/e5...9e0bf32826.jpg
                          Last edited by Eabe; 04-13-2014, 09:04 AM.

Comment

http://www.plaatjesdump.nl/upload/1f...a9cf19a871.jpg

Shell is marked 1942 on the lug fore the chinstrap. Liner is marked size 6 and 1943. Maker hard to read. Also no maker of the shell found because of the texture paint on the inside. It looks to be a nice , untouched MKII.
                            Last edited by Eabe; 04-13-2014, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X