Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouser with outer label?

Hi,
    I'ld like your opinion about this trouser my doubt is for the outer label... can be original?

Thanks
    partisan

The position of the label on the outside is normal for BD trousers, though I can't see if the label looks good or not.

Comment

On the label is write: dated 1944, but I would know why there aren't the loops for the belt...
      I have a pair dated 1943 (war aid), but it has th loops for the belt (look photo).

Can you tell me something?

Thanks
      partisan

Comment

British BD trousers stopped using the loops in 42 I think, as an economy measure, though the US did not.

Comment

thanks!

partisan

Comment

Hi Partisan,

From your picture the label looks like it could be good and original. As you may know, most labels were either removed by soldiers or worn away through use. A bigger picture of the label would allow the experts here to confirm if it is good or not.

Bond is correct that the British 1940 Pattern battledress trousers did not have belt loops. Many of the Commonwealth designs continued with the loops until the end of the war (from the 1937 Pattern), including Canadian, New Zealand as well as US War Aid.

Do your trousers have a date on the label? From the dark brown buttons I would guess 1942 or 1943. Later in the war British buttons became more of a green colour. There may also be a W /|\ D stamp inside with a code letter for the year.

Hope this helps,

Matthew

Comment

Thanks !
              I'll ask to the seller a close up of the label...
              Partisan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X