No announcement yet.

2x Battledress from my Dad's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the thing hanging down next to your bar of ribbons i think it's called a slash, it's suppose connected to some other part of the battle dress

Comment

Originally posted by Britian_Jacky View Post
      It's the thing hanging down next to your bar of ribbons i think it's called a slash, it's suppose connected to some other part of the battle dress
      The thing hanging beside the ribbon bar is a lanyard. It wraps around the shoulder and officially it is used to retain a clasp knife in the chest pocket for enlisted men and a whistle for officers.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I feel the £150-200 mark is much closer to what these nice groupings are worth on the current market. Maybe more with the right interest. They are both nicely worn, complete and have some history attached to them - this often pushes the price up.

Currently, it seems much lesson common for authentic battledress groups to appear on the market. Many sellers seem to break them up for increased value. I would definitely urge you to sell these related items together to preserve the personal histories of their former owners.

Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by scotty1418 View Post
          A really nice grouping!

Comment

Originally posted by Britian_Jacky View Post
            Are you thinking of a sash? Worn by a Duty Sergeant?

I love the beret by the way!

Comment

Yes JC and thank you infanteer for the information on the lanyard and what it's purpose is. I never get to learn this at any school it's seems better for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tubist73 View Post
                Hi everyone,

I feel the £150-200 mark is much closer to what these nice groupings are worth on the current market. Maybe more with the right interest. They are both nicely worn, complete and have some history attached to them - this often pushes the price up.

Matthew
                Just to say I concur with Matthew's estimate price wise.

JC

Comment

I'm a little late (haven't logged on to the forum for a while) but thank you all, for your advice and comments. Much appreciated.

Best regards,
                  Toby.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X