Battledress regiment question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battledress regiment question.

115 EUR for this one...? Can anyone identify that patch?

The patch

Comment

Label...

Comment

Hello Junior,

The patch is for the 21st Army Group.

The Battledress Blouse is all original but the patch could have been applied recently.

I don't know why there is only one patch on this? It might have only ever had one or the other might have been removed.

Cheers, from Jack

Comment

Hi Junior,
          Jack is right about the badge.
          I believe I have read somewhere it is not the 21st, but the two-one army group, but I could be wrong here.
          The size of the blouse is nice, condition seems mint at first sight. With a bit of luck you can find them cheaper I think, send me a PM if you want a good address OK?
          Cheers, Luc

Comment

Hi Junior, the blouse is a good original one, but too expensive I feel, at almost £80.

The insignia is for 21 Army Group as Jack mentioned. 21 Army Group was Monty's command and was named after taking the numbers from British 2nd Army and the Canadian 1st Army. Techically it should not be called "21st" Army Group, but "Two-One Army Group"

Luc you posted as I was writing You most likely read it in Brian Davis' book

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Can anyone confirm that the crossed swords specifically make it a patch for the HQ of 21 Army Group, rather than one of the Army support units?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevan
                Can anyone confirm that the crossed swords specifically make it a patch for the HQ of 21 Army Group, rather than one of the Army support units?
                With crossed swords is HQ, without it is lines of communications troops according to Jean Bouchery.
                What a coincidence Ade, yes I read Brian Davis, but he says without the swords is HQ too. I believe he is wrong here.

Luc

Comment

Originally posted by lnijherald
                  With crossed swords is HQ, without it is lines of communications troops according to Jean Bouchery.
                  What a coincidence Ade, yes I read Brian Davis, but he says without the swords is HQ too. I believe he is wrong here.

Luc
                  I think you are right Luc, unless someone can produce more evidence. It is not conclusive, but Montie had crossed swords on his insignia and I happen to own a Royal Signals BD blouse with the same 21 Army shield but without swords. When I served in 3 UK Div (not during WW2) the HQ staff were completely seperate from the support staff such as signals, logistics etc.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X