BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Anyone Help Decypher These Staffs Flashes Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Anyone Help Decypher These Staffs Flashes Please.

Hi All

I have just been lucky enough to purchase a BD to a captain in the North Staffs with , I think, Unofficial shoulder titles. The AOS strips and Brigade Seniority strips are a bit of a mystery though. I wondered if anyone was able to tell me what the meant. Many thanks in advance.

Yours, Guy.

PS sorry for terrible photos.
    Attached Files

[QUOTE=Guy]Hi All

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice BD and with a rare combination of insignia I should expect

Nice purchase Guy

Comment

Two Thirds There !

Nice BD blouse. I think the lowest badge is the flash for Stafford Regiments. The two red strips in the middle are for the 2nd Bn, but I don't recognise the white triangle above as any Div or above formation. I hope someone else does.

I love this stuff ! Sad but true

Kev

Comment

1st Infantry Division white Triangle. Looks like whoever set this combination up had a machine that would only sew in ΒΌ inch widths.
          2nd Bn The North Staffords were part of the 2nd Infantry Brigade of the 1st Infantry Division.
          Last edited by Marc Sherriff; 11-01-2004, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Mark, that was what was stumping me, thank you very much.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Well done Marc. I am not sure, so for clarification, do the two red stripes indicate the 2nd Bn of the Reg, or the 2nd Bde of the Div?

Comment

Second Brigade in the Division. It just so happens that in this case it is also the 2nd Battalion of The North Staffords.

I do know that in the 5th Division the AofS strips were used by most in the same manner, the Royal Regiment of Artillery used them to denote the seniority of the Field Regiments.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Marc.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X