Printed 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printed 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion

Just seen this on Ebay. Is this good or being Faked now. It seems to have a very aggressive left to right weave pattern than the three i have.

Cheers!
    Attached Files

Hi Wally

This is a copy and a damn good one. A little scary actually. He is also selling a 1st Canadian Special Service Battalion copper alloy crossed arrow cap badge mimicking the originals made in 1945 for the Canadians in the UK. However this is a copy as well. Obviously someone is getting scammed out of 1000$ for it. I have the exact same copy but I am not a crook. I e-mailed this guy to tell him it is a copy and he is still selling it as real. The tell tale sign, is that these are literally half the thickness of the real ones and the originals ALL are in GILT. The copies were made by badge sellers in the UK and they have a fake age darkening applied to them. Copies are also more copper than yellow brass. The brass badge this guy has for sale looks ok and the AIRBORNE strip, although not typical, may be a rare variant with thin letters OR a copy of the thin letter variant. A thin letter variant exists and is rare.

Regards

Ken

Originally posted by Wally Parr View Post
    Just seen this on Ebay. Is this good or being Faked now. It seems to have a very aggressive left to right weave pattern than the three i have.

Cheers!

Comment

Yes it is a replica, it would look even better with some wear to it.

Do you have a link to the auction, I can't seem to find it.

Luc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X