Help with Victory Medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Victory Medal

Hi, This is the only British medal I have ever owned and not a field I collect in. I am trying to research the name impressed on this medal:

"Lieut. H. G. B. Hopkins"

I've located a few newspaper articles from the London Gazette and I believe this officer may have been Henry Greenfield Berkeley Hopkins in the Nottingham & Derbyshire Regiment? This is as much information as I have been able to find. Any help in finding information or advice on a source I could investigate would be kindly received. Thanks Zach

IMG_8179.JPG

IMG_8184.JPG

Name:
    Henry Greenfield Berkeley Hopkins

Death Date:
    29 Jul 1917

Lieutenant (T)

Regiment:
    Machine Gun Corps

Type of Casualty:
    Died of wounds

MENDINGHEM MILITARY CEMETERY

Comment

heres his medal index card
      Attached Files

Comment

zach pm me your email address and il mail you a copy of his marriage cert,probate and maybe his census record if i can find it!also he would have been entitled to a british war medal which would have been named also!

Comment

Gentlemen I am overwhelmed by your kind assistance. Thank you so much for your help. This makes me appreciate this medal even more.

Also, and of course I don't know why, but it didn't occur to me that Hopkins could have been a casualty.

Was the "Machine Gun Corp" its own unit or was its personnel dispersed throughout the Army?

Thanks again for all the help. Paddywhack PM inbound.

Comment

Oh, I see on the medal index card reference to the Nottingham & Derbyshire Regiment.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X