Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Para Beret Stamping

Been looking at this

I have a feeling this stamping is fake, what do you think ??
    Attached Files

It's odd that one side of the stamping is almost totally obliterated and the other side very clear. On the other hand, the Kangool beret in the posting above this one shows the same pattern - maybe how they were worn? The size of the lettering on the other is quire different too, but that may be due to two manufacturers. Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by peter monahan View Post
      It's odd that one side of the stamping is almost totally obliterated and the other side very clear. On the other hand, the Kangool beret in the posting above this one shows the same pattern - maybe how they were worn? The size of the lettering on the other is quire different too, but that may be due to two manufacturers. Not sure.
      Yeah the arrow is also differant...

Comment

The stamp is for sure a fake,....the broad arrow, the date 1944 is incorrect look at the 9 and so on,.....but i think you have to look on the net and you will find many good examples

Comment

It's fake, and not even trying very hard to look original.

Luc

Comment

Thanks guys, it was my gut instinct that it was a fake, having this other thread close by to compare with was very handy indeed

The one I was looking at is on Feebay so I always had my doubts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WWII-BRITI...vip=true&rt=nc
            Last edited by Totenhead; 12-03-2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

This forum is a great aide and help, and it can save people a lot of hard earned money. Before I buy anything on feebay I always check here first.... a super wise thing to do..... Harold

Comment

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
                This forum is a great aide and help, and it can save people a lot of hard earned money. Before I buy anything on feebay I always check here first.... a super wise thing to do..... Harold
                I agree totally !

Comment

190 pounds for a piece of junk, and as always a private auction, but it screams in every part,.....i'm really fake, so which lunatic will pay such a price

Comment

Same goes for the parachute jump wing he just sold - pakistani fake .

Comment

What a poor attempt at a fake, just about everything wrong with it for a wartime beret. Pity the poor fool who bought it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X