Dispatch riders Fibre rim helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dispatch riders Fibre rim helmet

Brought this home today from a local fair... Hope u all like it ;-)

Originally posted by smle1940 View Post
    Brought this home today from a local fair... Hope u all like it ;-)
    Of course I do! very nice one with superb paint and patina

Best
    Thierry

Comment

Very nice dispatch riders helmet.... congrats

Comment

Nice helmet , alot of work went into the construction of these which is surprizing for a British item !

Comment

Very nice ! The shell has signs of a removed top pad, which means it may have been a para lid at one time.

Comment

Normally people use DR helmets to fake para helmets, but it's been done in reverse for some reason.
            If you can, can you have a look on the inside shell to see if there is an yellow blob of paint, might be where the liner is fixed to the shell so might have a job to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by tinlid View Post
              Normally people use DR helmets to fake para helmets, but it's been done in reverse for some reason.
              If you can, can you have a look on the inside shell to see if there is an yellow blob of paint, might be where the liner is fixed to the shell so might have a job to find it.
              I'll try to find it, and what kind of reason do you mean then?
              I hope this is a good example I've bought...

Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by smle1940 View Post
                I'll try to find it, and what kind of reason do you mean then?
                I hope this is a good example I've bought...

Glenn
                It is a good one, don't worry. Dispatch rider helmets don't have a top pad. We think they used a fibre-rim paratrooper helmet shell to make your dispatch rider helmet. You can see the chalk mark and black glue circle where a top pad used to be in this helmet.
                The liner and bolts are dispatch rider. The shell is ex-paratrooper.

Super helmet

Comment

But the replacement was done war-time then?

or was it a shell that was produced and mentioned to be a para example, but actually they made a DR helmet of it... Or was it a para one for a short time period and then a soldier converted it?

maybe difficult to say, but I'm still learning about those 'fibre rims'...

Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
                    Dispatch rider helmets don't have a top pad.
                    Does anyone has an example to post?

Comment

The HSAT had the crash pad in the top of the helmet while the HSDR didn't have one.
                      Also all the HSDR that I've seen, the four nuts & bolts that hold the liner in place, the bolts have been snipped off so they don't protrude past the nut. While all of yours have not been cut & protrude past the nut. I suppose if the rider had a crash & banged his head against the inside of the helmet he might come into contact with them.

Comment

Originally posted by tinlid View Post
                        Also all the HSDR that I've seen, the four nuts & bolts that hold the liner in place, the bolts have been snipped off .....

These have been snipped, Aaron.

Comment

You might be right, just that mine are cut right back to the nut. Could be the close up pictures that make them look longer.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

No top pad .
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X