Army Signals Hand Stamp and Case.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Signals Hand Stamp and Case.

Yep, a strange title and a strange item i found this morning, yep at my usual flee market. Its a very well constructed item with numerous letter and number variations if needed, with the stamp theres the rubber stamping matt, ink pad and a full bottle of ink, no dates but a couple of small ink kings crown acceptance marks,but these could be a latter addition, perhaps Victorian but no later that WW1. All comments welcome. Pete.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Pete

Why do you say 'no later than WWI'? Just curious, as I would have thought the metal construction, if not the nice wooden handle, seems later, but I know nothing about these and would like to learn.

Also Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peter monahan View Post
          Pete

Why do you say 'no later than WWI'? Just curious, as I would have thought the metal construction, if not the nice wooden handle, seems later, but I know nothing about these and would like to learn.

Also Peter
          Pete, this was my conclusion as they becane the royal corps of signals in 1920, or i might be wrong and this is a commonwealth item, Canadian or Australian, anyone with more info then this would be a help.

Comment

Thought id bump this one to the top to see if anyone had any info on the ''army signal'' unit this stamp was used for.

Comment

wow that is a really nice item, gotta love flee markets for the unexpected items, I would love to know its era also, I do have a feeling you might be in the right spot as just the closure used on the box is similar to stuff I have seen on Victorian tins, though thinking maybe a bit later also

anyway really like that

Comment

"they became the royal corps of signals in 1920"

'D'oh! I shoulda thunk a that! Your right about the tin box too - looks 19th, not 20th century-ish. Nice find either way!

Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X