ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1939 MKII helmet with red stripe painted around...any opinion about what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1939 MKII helmet with red stripe painted around...any opinion about what is it?

Hi to All,
    Here is a early British MKII dated 1939 with an unusual red stripe around......tactical sign?, army fireman? Beach party? or...
    somebody knows what that painted stripe could be???
    (sorry, only these pics available)

Best & Thanks
    Thierry

Fire brigade

Mabye fire brigade ?

Comment

Yes I thought Fire Brigade . Rob
      God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Not the standard place to put the red band, but if it is for the NFS then its a company officer.

Comment

I had first impression being Fire also, thanks Aaron on the possible rank

Comment

Originally posted by tinlid View Post
            Not the standard place to put the red band, but if it is for the NFS then its a company officer.
            Hi to All,

It's because i'm not absolutely convinced that it's a fire brigade helmet even if, of course, the red band may suggest that it is...
            Here is a picture (taken in a LCA back from the Dieppe raid in august 1942) where we clearly see Royal Navy helmets with the same band features (except the colour, clearly white or off-white) ie painted around the middle of the helmet but also exceeding on the skirt and I don't think that it's just a painting mistake position but much more the "regulatory" way to position that stripe around...just my thought...

...Perhaps a Royal Navy fireman helmet...

Best to All
            Thierry

The helmet in question, in black and white, to simulate the contrast appearance of period pics.

Comment

Most military personnel, army, navy & RAF would have had textured paint on their helmets, while non military people like firemen on the home front would have been issued smooth painted helmets. This is not always in every case, but the NFS standard paint scheme was khaki green with red or white markings.

Comment

Although I have no evidence I was always under the impression that these were worn by Beachmaster staff, i.e., Naval personnel responsible for clearing the beach up to the high tide mark.
                Clive

Comment

Hi Thierry,

I'm also on the Fire Brigade side but it is a very interesting MKII.
                  I hope you will find out the signification of this red band.

All the best,

Phil.

Comment

I found this while trolling ebay. A fireman's helmet.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WW2-NFS-S...item5af8872045

Cheers,

Jamie
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thats the usual place for the red band, 1x 1/2in. red band leading fireman, 2x 1/2in. red band section leader, 1x 1 1/2in red band company officer, 1x 1 1/2in & one 1/2 red band above senior company officer. All over khaki green painted helmets, or grey on the Mk2 No.2's.

Comment

army

Hi yours could be for the armys fire brigade,Will

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X