Services Rendered Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Services Rendered Badge

Does anyone have access to Ancestry that can tell me the information about badge 130343?
    Thanks in advance.

Here you go mate!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR id=sRes-0 class="tblrow record" vAlign=top jsopen="/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&db=SilverWarBadgeMedals&rank=1&new =1&MSAV=1&msT=1&gss=angs-d&dbOnly=_F000678D%7c_F000678D_x%2c_F8006879%7c_F8 006879_x&_F8006879=130343&_F8006879_x=1&uidh=ap5&p cat=39&fh=0&h=626316&recoff=39+40&ml_rpos=1" dbid="2456" rid="511302" pid="626316"><TD vAlign=top width="31%" align=left></TD><TD vAlign=top width="18%" align=left></TD><TD vAlign=top width="18%" align=left></TD><TD vAlign=top width="15%" align=left>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by paul kennedy View Post
        Thank you very much!
        No problem - I have been helped so many times here that it is a pleasure to be able to help someone else for a change!

Comment

Are these war badges the small lapel badge servicemen received after the war ended and they were discharged from the armed forces? just curious

Comment

I think that they were issued for wear from 1916 on civilian clothes only -to prevent wounded ex-servicemen being accused of shirking their duty when in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
              I think that they were issued for wear from 1916 on civilian clothes only -to prevent wounded ex-servicemen being accused of shirking their duty when in public.

yup thats it! my great grandad lost his left leg from the knee down at the end of 1914 and after he recovered he was discharged medically unfit,later at the end of 1915 he was a promenade in i think Scarborough with my great aunt when a women came up and gave my great grandad a white feather,iv been told my great aunt went mental and chased the women off the promenade while beating her with her hand bag! he later got this badge and this and his Mons star trio are still with the English side of my family in England!so they were VERY much needed!!they brought one out in ww2 but it was un-numbered as far as i can remember!

Comment

The woman that gave him the white feather must have been a complete blind moron to give him the feather. How could she miss the fact he was an amputee? Even if he had a wooden leg there would still have been signs he was an amputee. Example a limp, a cane, or even crutches

Comment

The Brit forum here can be pretty funny sometimes! It verges on Monty Python humor or skits even though I realize the subject matter is of a serious nature, maybe thats why it hits a funny bone. The services rendered badge I thought was something quite different....I'll attribute my view to too much coffee.

Robt.

Comment

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
                    The woman that gave him the white feather must have been a complete blind moron to give him the feather. How could she miss the fact he was an amputee? Even if he had a wooden leg there would still have been signs he was an amputee. Example a limp, a cane, or even crutches
                    havent a clue!thats what i was told by my grand dad!but these badges were realy needed and in alot of cases wanted by the discharged vets!
                    Last edited by paddywhack; 11-27-2013, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Canada went a little ape happy with them in WWII Besides the A B and C class there where ones for Firefighters, Police, Reserved Occupations, Volunteered but rejected because in Reserved Occupation etc. Most I think where only semiofficial

It is a whole field of collecting though it never interested me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X