Denison smock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denison smock

On Thursday I received this 1945-dated Evans & Gray Denison from estand. A dealer mate was able to set me up with the belt etc.

And by pure coincidence, "The Eagle Has Landed" featured on TV that night.

Mike
    Attached Files

very nice smock

Comment

As a matter of interest - how often were 'wings' and Pegasus patches sewn onto these things? Common? Uncommon?
      Very nice smock BTW!

Comment

Nice piece.

Comment

Nice smock. Good colour !

Comment

Mike , you have an unusual smock there , I am not saying its wrong as many miss matched have turned up , but correct me if I am wrong . You have a 1945 smock which would have been a second pattern and the button cuffs show this , but most second pattern smocks were made in two half's so you would have had a seem down the front and back , yours is in a one piece construction which is normally associated to the 1st pat smock ,
            Only my opinion .

Comment

Andrew,

I'm afraid I'll have to hope others can comment as I'm completely new to these garments.

A discussion thread can be found in the Commonwealth section when the vendor's father acquired the smock and all the comments were positive. Accordingly, I was very pleased to be able to purchase it.

Mike

Comment

Sorry Mike , but I hadn't seen the original thread about this smock and now with reading it , a different construction has been mentioned in that post .
                I was replying to this post where nobody had picked it up , you have a nice unusual Denison smock and I didn't mean to scare you
                Last edited by andrew b; 11-25-2013, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwitedferny View Post
                  how often were 'wings' and Pegasus patches sewn onto these things?
                  Qualification wings for regular parachutists and glider pilots were allowed, as well as rank chevrons (right arm only) and pips (both shoulders) but not Pegasus patches.

Luc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X