Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Para helmet SAS 84?

Hello.

I recently purchased on the forum a para helmet dated from 1944. The liner is marked from the Special Air Service: "SAS 84".

Can this marking give informations about the helmet?

Thank you & best regards

timp_be

I have some real doubts about that marking. I am not aware of any legitimate items used by special forces units such as the SAS that are unit marked. I hope someone who knows for certain will comment but my feeling is that the mark either represents something other than the Special Air Services (what would the 84 signify?) or it's a fake mark to increase the value of the helmet.

Comment

Thank you for your answer.

The helmet was sold at a normal price and the marking what not metioned...

So it's maybe a fake marking but for wich reason??

Best regards

timp_be

Comment

Originally posted by timp_be View Post
        Thank you for your answer.

The helmet was sold at a normal price and the marking what not metioned...

So it's maybe a fake marking but for wich reason??

Best regards

timp_be
        Because just as if its SS marked SAS marked items command a higher price but why would the SAS mark there equiment?im pretty sure they wouldnt!

Comment

Possible... I don't know...

Regards

timp_be

Comment

It is this one.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=702575

Could be someones initials, who knows but never heard of any SAS units numbered 84. A nice lid, be happy with it, but if you thought it was more than it is because of that marking, you are probably going to be disappointed I think.

Jerry

Comment

It's well the helmet from your link. I didn't buy it for the marking and I had even not made any attention on it.

I was just asking me if it was a possible way to have more informations about the history of the helmet. The intention is not to make money.

Besty regards

timp_be

Comment

I seem to remember one posted here with SAS written in Ink inside? perhaps its the leather supplier? will try and find the other helmet

Comment

Thank you. You're right, SAS is maybe not Special air service.

Best regards

timp_be

Comment

Originally posted by grndevil44 View Post
                    I seem to remember one posted here with SAS written in Ink inside? perhaps its the leather supplier? will try and find the other helmet

here :

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=hereford

The SAS used these at least until 1971 .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X