Flying jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying jacket

Hi guys not much to go on but the guy says its got just one seem going down the back, front zip ok one cuff zip us other ok , no belt to small repairs to one arm and a small hole, in other , and a round mark where a badge was once on it more photos coming any pointers on value in this condition. sorry about photo i know its not a lot to go on . thanks for any help martin.
    Attached Files

Looks like it's been 'round the block' a bit but is in not too bad a shape.The bigger the size,the more ££ and the 2 piece back is in it's favour.......saying that,with the belt missing and the issue with the zips,the price is always going to take a hit.
    I would guess it would get £200-300 on a well known auction site.

Comment

Martin

I would be very carefull with this, if the leather has dried out it will be worthless

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
        Martin

I would be very carefull with this, if the leather has dried out it will be worthless
        I would second that....obviously,if it is brittle,steer clear.From the picture though,it doesn't look too bad.It could definitely do with a bit of Lanolin or Pecards.

Comment

Originally posted by camouk View Post
          I would second that....obviously,if it is brittle,steer clear.From the picture though,it doesn't look too bad.It could definitely do with a bit of Lanolin or Pecards.
          Thanks for help and information , took the chance, and will be working on it, replaced zip, and have located belt, will give me somthing to do for a few weeks best to all martin.
          Attached Files

Comment

This one flew in as well, its a lagersize 42, thanks for looking martin.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks good Martin, not seen many with the seams on the sleeves, late war ?

Have the zips been replaced ???

Comment

The zips look like period late war Lightning brand but the construction is certainly unusual.I know that as the war progressed,smaller scraps and leftovers were used but I have never seen a sleeve like the one on the left(if you are wearing it).
                Interesting.
                Last edited by camouk; 12-05-2013, 05:28 AM. Reason: added information

Comment

Originally posted by camouk View Post
                  The zips look like period late war Lightning brand but the construction is certainly unusual.I know that as the war progressed,smaller scraps and leftovers were used but I have never seen a sleeve like the one on the left(if you are wearing it).
                  Interesting.
                  You are correct all zips are lightning, thanks for help best martin.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X