Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battle dress! Army and air force

Hi there!

I would like to show you two little treasure, hidden among the card box of my collection and closed for the last twenty years!

A little ride to this pages to hear your thoughts before to goes in the Estand rooms!

I'm not in this field of collection.. which would be a fair price for them? They're both in perfect conviction, almost mint, well marked and in very large size!

Enjoy it!

Best,

Firts, Canadian RAF battle dress:
    Attached Files

Wartime markings....
    Attached Files

Comment

Army one ....
      Attached Files

Comment

Well proofed and undoubtable WWII production...

Thanks for viewing!
        Attached Files

Comment

No one?

Best,

Comment

Those are very nice! The Air Force BD is typical for a Canadian made piece. The NZ BDU is another great one, which was also worn by the Air Forces service in the Mediterranean theatre. I have one to an RCAF pilot who served over Africa, the Middle East and Italy.\
            I'll let others speak to value, as I'm not really good at uniforms. Badges is more my line

Comment

Thanks, Mike for your post!

Best,

Comment

Both look very good and in excellent condition. no idea on value on the Air force example and only a vague idea for the NZ made army BD as you don't see them often, but maybe £80 to £150 as a guess with a wide margin, probably applies to both of them.

Jerry

Comment

Thanks, Jerry!

Yep, you're right! They're both in mint condition and in the most desirable size!

Best,

Comment

Wonderful, minty, battledress in fairly scarce large size, you should have no trouble finding a new home for them. Always nice to see.

Robt.

Comment

Thanks to you too, Robt!

Yep, very desirable stuff!

Best,

Comment

Originally posted by frank savage View Post
                        Thanks, Jerry!

Yep, you're right! They're both in mint condition and in the most desirable size!

Best,
                        Hi Frank,

as you mention the larger sizes always seem to attract a premium as does examples in such good condition, though those with original insignia will always attract the highest prices regardless of condition and size.

Jerry

Comment

Yep, Jerry! Of course!

We could say that among the un-patched jacket, the bigger size are the most desirable! And these have not been ever patched!

Best,

Comment

And as I mentioned earlier Frank, NZ made WWII period examples are not often seen so another bonus on that one and likely to increase its value. And for those who only collect mint, it would be hard to beat the condition.

Jerry

Comment

Thanks again, Jerry, for your kind replies!

Best,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X