Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWI British Medal Trio - Price Check Please

Hello:

Can someone tell me what I could expect to pay for WWI British 1914-15 Star, General Service, and Victory Medals? Anyone recommend a dealer?

Thanks,
    John

Hello John,

Prices can vary ENORMOUSLY depending on the unit/regiment and details of service. If the man was KIA, or died of wounds, prices go up significantly. If he were a "1st Day of the Somme" Casualty then you're looking at several hundred pounds easily.

There are plenty in dealers' stock and on ebay, speedbid.com etc. If you just want a representative trio, I would look for a trio named to a corps unit like the Royal Army Service Corps, Artillery, etc in good condition. You can still find these for under 50 pounds.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Hi Adam:

Thanks for the quick reply. I am looking for this a representative trio, to go along with these ribbon bars. Thanks for Corps unit tip.

Sorry about the poor quality of the pics, silk ribbons don't scan well.

John
      Attached Files

Comment

John,

No worries, happy to help. A trio in nice shape will look nice with those ribbon bars. I'd have a scan of ebay and speedbid to get an idea what you are looking for. There are plenty around so no need to be rushing into things. If you do a search on the Commonwealth forum under dealer or dealers you'll also find some lists of reliable dealers who should have a number in stock.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X