Captured British Helmet used by Japanese Military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captured British Helmet used by Japanese Military

I was hoping someone here can help me identify the marking in the liner of the helmet. British Helmet captured and reused by the Japanese Military indicated by the repaint and Kanji written on the front which translate to "Security" and the kanji numbers written on the back rim of the helmet. The link below shows a similier helmet in another collection. I can see the liner dated 1941 but can't make out the manufacturer. Thank you for any assistance.

Link:
    http://whitetigermilitary.com/pastfeatured.php
    Attached Files

Rim and Liner Marking
    Attached Files

Comment

very interesting helmet, cant help with the liner maker but I know someone will tell you, I would be interested to hear about the shell maker also

Comment

Could have been used post war , seems a bit odd the Japanese using a hated Tommy's helmet jmo Rob
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Great looking lid , i can see some kind of auxillery unit being issued captured British helmets during the war, very interesting indeed.

Comment

Is the writing definately Jap ? could te helmet have been used in the Dutch /East indies conflict in the late 1940`s ?

Comment

is

The roundall stamp .... I don't think that British .... Maybe South African ?

Comment

Cool Helmet, reminds me of the Japanese guards with SMLE rifles in "Bridge on the River Kwai"

Comment

Hi David,

That' s a very unique Allied helmet that was used by the Japanese Field Police.

Can you post the whole inner part of the helmet, would like to see the chinstrap suspensions.

Thank you and regards,
                  Taka

Comment

Taka, Here you go. Thanks all for the comments so far. I have looked all over the internet for this type of liner marking and still can'f find it. As mentioned its dated 1941 and has the liner size as "7". Unfortunately, cannot make out any markings on the helmet due to the thick overpaint.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X