Value For Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value For Insurance

I'D LIKE TO KNOW THE VALUE OF MY FATHERS MEDALS THEY WILL NEVER BE PUT ON THE OPEN MARKET. IT'S FOR INSURANCE, ANYWAY THEY ARE PRICELESS! LEFT TO RIGHT- MM,MENTIONED IN DISPATCHES, NORTHWEST FRONTIER 1935 & 1939, 1939-1945 STAR, STAR OF ITALY, DEFENCE MEDAL WAR MEDAL 1939-1945,L.S.C.G.& MERITORIOUS SERVICE MEDAL. THE REGTIMENTS HE SERVED IN WERE ROYAL TANK CO 7th HUSSARS & QUEENS OWN HUSSARS. HOPEFULLY THE PICS WILL DOWNLOAD.
    Attached Files

beautiful group, just lovely I could fall in love with it and want it without any effort.

Needs the MiD Oakleaf moving onto the War Medal 1939/45 though.

Particularly nice to a "Tanky" Hussar - and with both IGS's and the MSM on the end it is a VERY nice group.

Needs sight of the citation to be fair, they are available in the PRO (National Archives) and it can make a big difference.

Tony would probably know about the scarcity of the MSM combo to the Hussars.

Comment

value

At a guess £1750 / £2500 depending on citation.but saying that depends who wants it !!!
      regards
      Steve

Comment

That is a very nice group indeed and a scarce combination of medals. Assuming that the MM and MiD were awarded for WWII service (i.e. not awarded during service on the NW Frontier 1936-39, in which case it would be considerably more rare and valued higher) I would think that the group would sell for a minimum of 2500 GBP. The added LSGC and MSM make the group very desirable to a Cavalry/Armoured corps collector.

Thanks for sharing a lovely family group!

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

I can't really add anything other than to what's already been said. The MSM enhances what is already a superb group. A pre-war MiD on one of the IGSs would make it even better. I don't have figures to hand - in fact I don't have figures full stop, but it's a cracking group. I suspect that the MiD is wartime, but...?

Comment

Originally posted by MerchantSeaman

Needs the MiD Oakleaf moving onto the War Medal 1939/45 though.

I'd leave the MID exactly where it is, if that's the way dad wore it. Misplaced ribbon attachments, commendations etc are legion, but if that's the way the man wore them that's the way they stay to my mind.

Comment

My Fathers Medals (insurance Purposes)

THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLYS, THE MiD WAS AWARDED IN WW2,THE MM WAS AWARDED IN ITALY, MY FATHER AT THE TIME WAS SSM C SQN 7th HUSSARS,HE WON THE AWARD FOR KEEPING THE LINES OF COMMUNICATION OPEN WHILST HIS VECHICLE WAS UNDER HEAVY & SUSTAINED ENEMY FIRE THEREFORE SAVING SOME THE LIVES OF THE MEN IN THE SQN.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X