No announcement yet.

Green Beret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fashion in military uniforms ! It's true Tony.......remember the '90 patt plastic belts , I always wore up to my last day with my combats my first issue '58 patt belt.

Boot's the lace rings, had to be 'brass' looking not the painted black, you'd try to hang on to your worn out kit as long as possible.

Light weights, one side of my leg was almost white with ironing and Robin starch. And you had to pull the trouser legs down as far as possible, none of this SWAT team high leg nonsense look !!!

Tropic's Oh yes not the '90 patt but the earlier much lighter in colour had to worn. There was a status devoid of rank for those with 'faded' kit and those who had the older service number.

You'll notice the RM beret has been 'shaved' with a disposable razor more than likely too. This was a must, other wise you looked like a fuzz top. The officer beret you didn't have to shave so much if at all, but certainly cut off the ties at the back !!!

In the field the Royal Engineers where the only Corps/Regiment truely permitted to wear the stable belt with combats, before the introduction of '95 patt kit. I never wore mine in the field, only on camp....and barrack dress was being phased out when I joined up.

Dog tag's....issued from admin for Op tours only, hardly ever wore them they went in the pocket (top left)

Issue kit, well we all know nine times out of ten it was crap, so indeed we bought most of ours, from smocks to civi walking socks. Generally it was accepted if it was Brit issue you could wear it, but you always got the *ankers who liked everyone to look the same....you know the score.

Beret shaping was the most important though !!! Arh yes, two fingers above the eyebrows..... no I could never abide by that !!!

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X