My first British 5th SAS Infanteryman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first British 5th SAS Infanteryman!

As the titel says, I'm working on it, "the improvised smock" is a post-war Belgian one, all the rest is original. I'm saving-up for a real smock but that will take a long time... Here it is, if someone has any comments.... LET ME KNOW!
    Cheers,
    Junior.

All the equimpent is my grand-grandfathers.

Cheers,
    Junior.

Comment

Hi Junior
      can we have some close ups of that beret?
      Thanks
      Regards
      Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=army+museum

Comment

Thanks
          Regards
          Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Oh yes, the emblem on the beret is post-war! ..46-50..

Comment

Junior,

Your doing very well to start with. I really like the American M3 dagger But one VERY important thing, its not a British 5th S.A.S. infantry soldier but a BELGIAN 5th S.A.S. Parachutist

You should try to even find a 1950`s belgian denison because it would be much closer to a wartime one than what your using at the moment. ALso try and find a P37 belt and holster. A post war belgian para helmet would also be good until you find or can afford a wartime example.

Oh and one small point, they typically put the M3 dagger on the P37 belt or tied to the leg
              Last edited by DJT; 10-13-2004, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Indeed...

I know, but I need to find a belt (he worned it tied to the leg).

Me too! He traded it with an American, or he just stole it because I found a para-liner, jumpboots and more stuff like that (U.S.) on the attic. The original "S.A.S." one is also in the P. Verbruggen collection.

Cheers,
                Junior.
                Originally posted by Des Thomas
                Junior,

Your doing very well to start with. I really like the American M3 dagger But one VERY important thing, its not a British 5th S.A.S. infantry soldier but a BELGIAN 5th S.A.S. Parachutist

You should try to even find a 1950`s belgian denison because it would be much closer to a wartime one than what your using at the moment. ALso try and find a P37 belt and holster. A post war belgian para helmet would also be good until you find or can afford a wartime example.

Oh and one small point, they typically put the M3 dagger on the P37 belt or tied to the leg

Comment

Junior,

They got alot of the US items from American soldiers in the Ardennes. I dont think they stole them, just traded.

How come the original is in P.Verbruggens collection??

Me too! He traded it with an American, or he just stole it because I found a para-liner, jumpboots and more stuff like that (U.S.) on the attic. The original "S.A.S." one is also in the P. Verbruggen collection.

Cheers,
                  Junior.[/QUOTE]

Comment

The Verbruggens are very close fiends to my family, P.'s father is was also a collega from my grandfather.

Jr.

Originally posted by Des Thomas
                    Junior,

They got alot of the US items from American soldiers in the Ardennes. I dont think they stole them, just traded.

How come the original is in P.Verbruggens collection??

Cheers,
                    Junior.
                    [/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi Junior, please send me a PM or email with your address, as I would like to send you a British 1937 pattern belt as a gift.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Done!
                        Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
                        Hi Junior, please send me a PM or email with your address, as I would like to send you a British 1937 pattern belt as a gift.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Nice display Junior
                          I think I might have some spare WW2 webbing as well.
                          some Y-straps, pouches etc...
                          PM me your address and you can have it.

Comment

Done!
                            Originally posted by marc b
                            Nice display Junior
                            I think I might have some spare WW2 webbing as well.
                            some Y-straps, pouches etc...
                            PM me your address and you can have it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X