Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Arrivals.

Hi All.

The first picture shows a selection of KOSB, Border and Devons insignia I was able to purchase recently including the plastic Border badge supposedly dug at Arnhem and a seacond pattern, unofficial Border Regiment shoulder title

The seacond picture shows an unbelievable little group I picked up yesterday for the princely sum of fifty quid. It includes south stafford shoulder titles and cap badge to K Wagstaff also his dog tags. The WW1 Staffords shoulder titles belonged to his father. I purchased these from a friend who had bought them from a friend of his who was given them by Mr wagstaff. Bit protracted I know but really nice none the less. I don't suppose anyone knows of any reference to this man do they? I am absolutely over the moon with them .

Yours, Guy.
    Last edited by Guy; 11-11-2004, 04:46 AM.

Last edited by Guy; 11-11-2004, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Hello Guy,

A nice haul indeed! Afraid I can't help you much with Mr. Wagstaff, but I did check his number and it's correct for the block of numbers allocated to the South Staffs (4,904,001-4,960,000) so at least we know he was were he was supposed to be!

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Love the S.Staffs group Guy

I recognise the stuff in the top photo as you might already know

Super stuff though and I love those printed KOSBs

Comment

Hi Guy, well done on a nice haul.

I have checked the rolls for the 2nd Battl. But sadly he is not listed on the nominal roll for Arnhem.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
            Hi Guy, well done on a nice haul.

I have checked the rolls for the 2nd Battl. But sadly he is not listed on the nominal roll for Arnhem.

Cheers, Ade.
            Hi Chaps,

Thanks very much for your kind words and help.

Hi Ade, Thanks ever so much for checking the rolls for me, I spose that means there was no chance of him being at Arnhem then. When I purchased them there was some talk of Arnhem but I put it down to a sales pitch from the guy who sold them originally, looks like I was right. Oh well I am just really happy to have some Staffs titles at last , you know what a nightmare they are to find. Take care mate.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X