really neat ww2 Canadian Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really neat ww2 Canadian Grouping

This is a really neat grouping I stumbled on by mistake, The Diary, cap and ciggarette case, which I found the first time, then about a month later the jacket, I sold everything except the jacket "since I found it later", but am trying to contact the buyer because I believe it all should be kept together in one grouping, "I hate it when people split personall items up!"
    Attached Files

another Pic of the coat

The neat thing is inside the diary he talks about earning this stripe.
    Attached Files

Comment

?

Im not sure what these represent, is the top one a trade badge?

He was an engineer
      Attached Files

Comment

inside

Inside stamps, also found an old Ciggarette but in the pocket, pretty dried out was probably there since he got home from europe
        Attached Files

Comment

cap

Heres the cap badge, the cap itself was in terriable shape, compared to the coat.
          Attached Files

Comment

Cig case

Heres the cig case, showing the Brit zone of germany.
            Attached Files

Comment

diary

And lastly a page from the diary, The dates at the top dont correspond with the entries, for those who would point out the fact's not coincideing with 41
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Dan Plomish; 10-06-2004, 03:19 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Hi Dan, Thats a nice Canadian RCEME jacket! Nice story too, Would be nice if you could reunite it with the other items. Thanks for posting it

Comment

The wreathed T badge is (I think) Technician. The two inverted chevrons are overseas service stripes... I think. I get these confused with long service chevrons. Ade's the cookie on this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Farrell
                    The wreathed T badge is (I think) Technician. The two inverted chevrons are overseas service stripes... I think. I get these confused with long service chevrons. Ade's the cookie on this stuff.
                    Yup, the T with wreath is for group "B", or, grade 2 tradesmen. It was for use in Canada "only" effective Jan. 1943.

The service cheverons were initially black but changed to red during thr war. Each chevron was awarded for each complete year of continuous service after Sept. 10, 1939.

Comment

Hi Dan, great group. I hope that you are sucessful.

Hi James, what are the little red on black "GS" badges for? I have some and have forgot what they are

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
                        Hi Dan, great group. I hope that you are sucessful.

Hi James, what are the little red on black "GS" badges for? I have some and have forgot what they are

Cheers, Ade.
                        Hi Ade,

The GS stood for General Service. It was for active service personnel. So, if your were on the continent you were entitled to wear it. If you were only in the UK (speaking strictly for Canadians), then you weren't entitled to it! Hope that helped!

Cheers,
                        James

Comment

Hi James, thank you very much it has all come back to me now..

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Brought up to the top for Laurence. If you look through the pics all of the things we discussed are featured here: markings, "T" badge, and "GS" badge.

Good luck!
                            Geoff

Comment

Thanks Geoff that helps lots

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X