MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did I got? Help ID a British or Canadian badge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did I got? Help ID a British or Canadian badge!

I know its from some commonwealth country and pre 1953, thats all! So if anyone could help me ID this nice badge I would appreciate to know what I got. I just found it earlier today, paid a huge 8$ for it cause I simple think this badge is lovely. Its 2 inches large by 1,5 inches high, no marking, both lugs intact.

Help will be very appreciate! Thanks!

It is a sergeant major's rank badge, worn on the lower arm.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Thanks Robert!

I guess thats why it was only 8$, most be something very common! I already got a few major rank who goes on shoulder, I'll display it with them.

Comment

Warrant Officer II - Company Sergeant Major prior to 1953 when the Crown changed to the St.Edward Crown, used by Queen Elisabeth II.

Comment

I agree it is a WW2 CSM badge, one step below GOD(RSM). I've also seen these and RSM badges worn on a leather wrist band when they wore the tropical short sleeve shirts in North Africa and Italy campagnes

Comment

Hello, RSM (Regimental Sergeant Major) is an appointment. The rank is warrant officer first class. Other appointments may be WO1's. In some unit the RQMS was also a WO1, but his appointment was sub to the RSM.
            These were also worn on the service dress, khaki drill uniforms and in some cases on battledress (though they were not supposed to be.)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X