Could this realy be real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could this realy be real?

<!--StartFragment -->Could this group be real?
    I donĀ“t know so much of brittish miniatures, thats a new love, but could this realy be real?

Is this a new group that is picked together ore the real thing that the hero who earnd it have had on his cheast?
    I am going to ask for more photos, but can you say something about it now?

The information about them is this:
    "A SUPERB SET OF MINIATURE MEDALS `MAJOR DUDLEY GRAHAM JOHNSON of the SOUTH WALES BORDERES attached SUSSEX REGIMENT, THE MEDALS ARE THE VICTORIA CROSS, ORDER OF THE BATH C.B., DISTINGUISHED SERVICE ORDER + 2nd AWARD CLASP, MILITARY CROSS, QUEENS SOUTH AFRICA MEDAL, INDIA GENERAL SERVICE MEDAL 1908 clasp NORTH WEST FRONTIER 1909, 1914-15 STAR, BRITISH WAR MEDAL, VICTORY MEDAL with MiD EMBLEM, 1939 STAR, DEFENCE MEDAL, WAR MEDAL with MiD EMBLEM, JUBILEE 1935, CORONATION 1937, CORONATION 1953. ALONG WITH 2 EPAULETS, HE WON HIS VICTORIA CROSS ON 4th NOVEMBER 1918, ONE OF THE LAST AWARDED IN WORLD WAR ONE, HE PERSONALLY LED A CHARGE AT CATILLON, THIS WAS AGAINST HEAVY ENEMY FIRE WHILST BRIDGEING A CANAL.
    THE GROUP COMES WITH PHOTOCOPY RESEARCH WHICH INCLUDES A PHOTO OF HIM, THE GROUP IS CONTAINED IN AN OLD CONTEMP FRAME THAT CAN BE OPENED. PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS WONDERFULL ITEM, IT IS A CRACKING ITEM TO HAVE WITH YOU, IMPRESS FRIENDS AND FELLOW COLLECTORS ALIKE WITH THE HIGHEST MILITARY AWARD POSSIBLE. GOOD LUCK"

PS If I win this I am going to give it to my father who always have bin dreaming about a VC-group, when I becoume a millionere he is going to have the real stuff
    DS

real or not ...

mmmmmmmm prefer an older group with providence.
    see DNW who do have VC mimitures through its sales .
    regards
    Steve

Comment

not obviously bad but there is no provenance on offer and you or I could have put this together yesterday. So its not worth any more than a group that was just put together in my eyes.

Comment

I agree with the others. While the photo is not excellent at first glance the miniatures all look to be older (nicer) strikings. However, with no provenance I would not be inclined to may much, if any, more than the value of the individual miniatures. There are some nice ones in there (CB, DSO especially) that would be sought-after in any case, so the value wouldn't be extremely low just for "break-up" value.

As a representative group it displays very well, and should be reasonably affordable. However, I would personally be more inclined to wait and pay (perhaps substantially) more for a VC group with provenance.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Very well said Adam. The trouble with anything of this nature is the provenance, without it it is worth the sum of the parts.

Cheers
          Gary
          Originally posted by Adam J. Haslett
          I agree with the others. While the photo is not excellent at first glance the miniatures all look to be older (nicer) strikings. However, with no provenance I would not be inclined to may much, if any, more than the value of the individual miniatures. There are some nice ones in there (CB, DSO especially) that would be sought-after in any case, so the value wouldn't be extremely low just for "break-up" value.

As a representative group it displays very well, and should be reasonably affordable. However, I would personally be more inclined to wait and pay (perhaps substantially) more for a VC group with provenance.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X