Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWII Medals - Help Needed

Hi All,

If you recall, some months back I posted some information about my Grandfather and his WWII service. Well I have now decided, that while I wait to hear from the MOD about replacing his medals, I will buy a replacement set so that I can show my gran when she visits next week. Therefore, I was wondering whether you could tell me if these medals are genuine pre-1945 manufacture - they are from Phil Burman.

As I have never bought British militaria before, having acquired what I do own, I would be greatful for any help. Also what would be the value of such medals?
    Attached Files

I am sure everything is fine as Phil was recommended to me by someone on the forums - Only problem is I cant remember by who!
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello David,

Those medals will more than likely be ok.

Here's a picture of my Grandad's replacment medals which I received from the MoD in 1998. The medals look ok but although the obverse of the stars are good, the reverse isn't. The quality appears to be a bit cheap and nasty but it's nice to have the piece of paper showing his entitlement.

Please excuse the poor picture quality.

Tony
      Attached Files

Comment

They look absolutely fine, up to the minute prices can be found on ebay, seems to increase every day. That Italy Star looks like it would benefit from a good soapy water scrub to get rid of that corrosion that's starting. It wont get better by itself. Seal them with a good paste wax, preferably Renwax, then you shouldn't have to worry about further corrosion.

Comment

Phil's fine and so are the gongs. I've had a lot of stuff of Philip Burman, top chapois!

Comment

Thanks Tony and all, much appreciated....I knew as someone recommended them on the forums they had to be good!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X