Nz lrdg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nz lrdg

Hi All, I thought I would share my little LRDG representation with you ...

The most interesting item of the lot is the sun compass quite obviously based on the Bagnold type this beastie is made from a mortar sight I guess by some ingenious soldier that had more use for a compass than a mortar ?
    Also note the Lemon Squeezer Hat I found this bashed in as pictured as they are so often seen in photographs of NZ LRDG troopers.

Close up of the Brass badge

Close up of the Cloth Title

I have seen no photographic evidence that the LRDG used the ME type commando knife however there is some suspicion that they did in fact use them... the other is an NZ made fighting knife.

A fine collection I love the shoulder strap that must be rare . Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Excellent. I leafed through a Brendan O'Carroll LRDG book just last week, the one with the photos of memorabilia in the back.

Comment

Awesome!! Love the badge and the cloth title

Comment

Thanks Guys, Im very pleased with it all.
            The shoulder titles are certainly uncommon to find on the collectors market but they are out there I have to say I feel pretty fortunate to have got this one.
            Has anyone seen a sun compass built out of a mortar sight before ? id love to hear if anyone can tell me a little about it. I know the use of the bagnold sun compass was restricted to only a few users during the war so I guess this must have been rigged up by someone serving in one of those units....

Comment

Very nice spread, Mate.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X