Two new WW2 awards announced:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two new WW2 awards announced:

From the UK Magazine 'Britain At War', issue 70. February 2013.
    Page 7, "Bulletin Board".

The Prime Minister, David Cameron, has welcomed initial findings of Sir John Holmes' review into the rules and principles governing the award of miltary campaign medals,
    reports Martin Mace.

As part of his review which was requested by Mr. Cameron, Sir John Holmes has recommended new decorations for veterans of the Arctic Convoys and Bomber Command
    during the Second World War. Veterans of the Arctic Convoy campaigns will get recognition with an Arctic Convoy Star medal. Meanwhile, the aircrew of Bomber Command
    will be awarded a Bomber Command clasp.

Whilst making the announcement in Parliament, the Prime Minister said "On the Arctic convoys, Sir John has recommended and I fully agree, that there should be an Arctic
    Convoy Star medal. I am very pleased that some of the brave men of the Arctic convoys will get the recognition they so richly deserve for the very dangerous work they did.
    On Bomber Command, Sir John concluded that they had been treated inconsistently with those who served in Fighter Command and has tgherefore recommended, and I
    agree, that the heroic aircrews of Bomber Command should be awarded a Bomber Command clasp."

Consultation on the design of the Arctic Star and its ribbon, as well as the rules of eligibility for both awards is continuing.

Bob

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/FORU...d.php?t=655677

Comment

Sorry Marc, I missed that posting

Best wishes

Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X