i do not collect english,, but this i like but i need opinions

thank you

greetings bruno sorry for the small pictures,,,thats all i have

Comment

thanks stef for the better pictures

greetings bruno

Comment

Impossibe

Greetings Bruno: First off it would be impossible to make an honest evaluation from the pictures supplied, and anyone who did would just be speculating and not factual. What you can derive from the pictures is I believe it is fashioned as a WW1 helmet cover with no foilage loops........ but is mounted on a WW2 helmet. If WW1, the construction should be made up of 4 panel segments(again not visible), which brings us to the tie string which in the picture appears very new. The re-enforced area which contacts the brim of the helmet would be made of leather, but again it's hard to tell from the picture. Other than that the rest is speculation. I don't have a good feeling about it and if it was offered to me I would definitely want more and better pictures.
        Zeke

Comment

Hey Zeke,

I am selling this helmet and cover.

This is a ww2 cover not ww1, is has a maker stamp and date: R.S.C 1944 (have to verify the maker name tomorrow because i am not sure anymore)
          a WD stamp with M = 1944

It is made out of 4 pieces sewn together

The string indeed is pretty white but the flash off the picutere makes it even more white / new

I Believe this cover has been in storage for a long time (not much wear on it, stamps pretty clear)

The helmet and cover did not come together, I put it together as a ww2 set.
          a nice ww2 helmet: RO&CO 1943 and liner CCL 1943 and cover 1944

regards

Comment

Looks like an anti- mosquito cover which has had the net removed.

Comment

At a guess I would say it was a helmet cover with mosquito net that has been cut off to make it look like just a helmet cover. Seen it quite often done, most are dated around 43-44 & were no doubt for the far east.

Comment

Possible!

http://www.matshelmets.se/uk_cov.html

but I also found this one:

http://brendonshelmets.weebly.com/ne...kii-cont1.html

Comment

Originally posted by stefke_smle View Post
                  Hey Zeke,

I am selling this helmet and cover.

This is a ww2 cover not ww1, is has a maker stamp and date: R.S.C 1944 (have to verify the maker name tomorrow because i am not sure anymore)
                  a WD stamp with M = 1944

It is made out of 4 pieces sewn together

The string indeed is pretty white but the flash off the picutere makes it even more white / new

I Believe this cover has been in storage for a long time (not much wear on it, stamps pretty clear)

The helmet and cover did not come together, I put it together as a ww2 set.
                  a nice ww2 helmet: RO&CO 1943 and liner CCL 1943 and cover 1944

regards
                  Greetings: As mentioned the pictures do not provide necessary information. Here is one of my examples of a WW2 hessian helmet cover dated 1942.Good luck with the sale and the buyer
                  Regards
                  Zeke
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X