Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of British and Commonwealth War Medals

Hi,

I have been out of collecting for around eight years now so I am a bit out of touch with current prices. Please would someone be able to give me an average current market value of the following medals? I have searched on line but I've only been able to find a couple.

Canadian Service Medal
    Australia War Medal
    India 1939-45
    South Africa Medal for War Service
    New Zealand War Service Medal
    Africa 1939-45 War Medal
    Defence Medal
    War Medal 1939-45
    1939-45 Star
    Italy Star

Thanks

Phil

Can't help on the others but these, Defence Medal, War Medal 1939-45, 1939-45 Star, Italy Star all go for about £10-20

Jerry

Comment

The value of the Australian medal will depend greatly on who it was issued to.

Comment

Phil, The values for Canadian examples of the War Medal, CVSM, and Defence Medal are impacted by the price for scrap silver. Unfortunately, being un-named has lessened interest in them when found unattributed.

Comment

In Canada the basic medals and stars range from about 25-60 max. Even with the trade in silver value most people I've met wont take any medals (even in the worst condition) to smelt even without providence.

Comment

Sad thing about the Canadian round silver medals, and crosses is a lot of them are being bought up by people interested only in the scrap silver price for them. A lot are being bought up and melted down for their silver content

Comment

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES GUYS!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X