Polish insignas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polish insignas

Hi . Can you give me your opinion on those polish insignas ? Can they be authentic ? Thanks !
    Best regards
    Christophe

P1030644.jpg

P1030645.jpg

I don't recognise the one on the left but all others look fine to me. The Poland shoulder titles are post-war production.

Luc

Comment

Left one may be a tourist badge - a Polish [or other] city comes to mind, due to the shield shape. Just a thought, no proof or positive ID.

Comment

The one on the left is known as an Oznaka Honorowa or honour badge and was presented to officers and men of the 12th Dragoon Regiment of the 1st Polish Armoured Division (the winged helmet badge between the shoulder badges and the eagle beret badge) by Lord Hamilton of Dalzeil on behalf of Lanark County Council in March 1941.

The Polish 1st Corps was reformed in Scotland after the retreat from France and some very close relations were formed between the exiled Poles and the local population. The Scottish thistle appears in a number of the badges of the 1st Corps as a result. Several units were given such Oznaka Honorowa.

I can't tell if yours is period. It could be. But the beret badge looks as though it is black (= tanks) and the 1st Armoured Div badge looks OK so this may be a set from one person. The shoulder titles are post war German manufacture I think.

All the best

James
        Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
        Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
        Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Comment

Thanks all for your help !

Christophe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X