Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnhem

Just a reminder !!!!!

2 days ago, 60 years ago, the Brits jumped on Arnhem in Holland into the damndest bunch of German SS in the area. Those lads suffered horrendos casualties fighting for God, King and Country. Those boys suffered and died for all of us in a "Bridge to Far".
    For those that died I do not have the words to express my gratitude, to those that survived, my deepest thanks. To those that are alive today,
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For the other allied airborne troops that jumped , fought, were wounded and died I can not express my thanks.
    I have the deepest feelings for my British cousins.

Steve Ray

Arnhem // U.s. Airborne Units ...a Reply

Hello Steve , i am sure i can speak for other UK based collectors in thanking you for your comments , as a collector of british airborne items and a keen student of the battle that has become known as ` a bridge too far ` i strongly believe that the role of the two American airborne divisions is often over shadowed by the role of the british ` at the bridge ` historians and people in general need to be made aware that the two U.S units fought ` their hearts out ` in an attempt to reach the british units at Arnhem ,regards ,Michael
    Originally posted by SteveR
    Just a reminder !!!!!

2 days ago, 60 years ago, the Brits jumped on Arnhem in Holland into the damndest bunch of German SS in the area. Those lads suffered horrendos casualties fighting for God, King and Country. Those boys suffered and died for all of us in a "Bridge to Far".
    For those that died I do not have the words to express my gratitude, to those that survived, my deepest thanks. To those that are alive today,
    For the other allied airborne troops that jumped , fought, were wounded and died I can not express my thanks.

Steve Ray

Comment

Can NOT express my thanks(to other Airborne troops)?

Originally posted by SteveR
      Just a reminder !!!!!

Steve Ray
      Surely you did not mean to say that you "cannot express my thanks"to the other Allied troops who fought at Arnhem(should be more appropriately be called the "Dutch Campaign"as it went on several months AFTER the epic fight at Arnhem,and the survivors were withdrawn after their immortal stand of two weeks...)
      Am I missing something here???
      J.von Canon

Comment

Hi Guys, I have just returned home in the early hours of this morining from the 60th celebrations in Arnhem. We had a mega time. I will do a thread later this week in the Living history forum about my trip

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Welcome back Ade. Hope you enjoyed it and managed to get a jump in

Comment

Welcome home...

Welcome Home.
            I hope you had a great time....
            J.v.C.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X