Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webbing equipment question...

Hi there!
    I just saw this webbing lot on the net for 50 EUR. My question is, is this a good deal? And second, is tyhis original from what you see from this photo? More pictures will follow tomorrow. What do I need to complete this set?
    Thanks in advance,
    Junior.

Originally posted by junior
    Hi there!
    I just saw this webbing lot on the net for 50 EUR. My question is, is this a good deal? And second, is tyhis original from what you see from this photo? More pictures will follow tomorrow. What do I need to complete this set?
    Thanks in advance,
    Junior.
    I'd like to help you out, but you need to post a link or photo or something...

Comment

o damn...

Comment

Here you go...

Comment

Junior,

I am sure the items are original but the question is are they wartime? These will be revealed by their markings. Obviously if they are wartime dated they are more valuable. Even if they are mixed wartime/postwar 50 euro seems reasonable enough to me.

Comment

Ah ok, but if I buy them I'm going to pick them up at his house, so I can inspect them. But what are the markings for these pieces? And how can I detect fakes?

Cheers,
            Junior who is willing to learn...

Comment

Common webbing like that is not faked (yet!) so just inspect the webbing for dates and maker marks. Inside the satchels and ammo pouches, on the reverse of the belt, inside the helmet (both liner and shell). On the waterbottle, remove the carrier to find the markings underneath, on the entrenching tool, take it out to find the marking inside etc... examine them closely and you should find the markings easily enough.

Comment

thanks a lot Des! By the way, here is a pic my grandfathers waterbottle (strap is added by my dad post-war)

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/2596/DSCF0036.jpg

Comment

Hi Junior,
                  i can not see a belt, unless it is in one of the pouches.

Ashley

Comment

On wich p icture?

Comment

Sorry, I caused the confusion with the belt. There is no belt but I mentioned there was.

Originally posted by junior
                      On wich p icture?

Comment

Looks like all you'd need to complete the set would be a belt, bayonet frog and a couple of 'L' straps.

Comment

Hi there Tony,

I've already got that bayonet and frog (see second picture), what do you mean with L-straps? Maybe a pic?
                          Cheers,
                          Junior.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X