No announcement yet.

Essex Regiment Badge Variations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just scanning the 20th London badges - looks like our white metal SA scroll Middlesex could be from the same Dies?

Comment

Originally posted by leigh kitchen
      & the reverses -
      Uncanny resemblances between our two w/m badges here. Look at the 'S' in South Africa when viewed from the front and how it seems to slope down and be a bit indistinct. Also the rear's both have one tag smaller than the others(2nd from right) which seems to be the cause of the bad 'S'

Keith
      Attached Files

Comment

Having finally got one a couple of days ago I thought I'd post a photo of the Essex Regt anodised badge, missing from the photo I put up at the beginning of the thread:

The bi-metal anodised version of K&K 659, this was sealed on 1/2/66, & K&K 660 refers.
        It was presumably worn only by Territorial Army elements who survived following the amalgamation of the parent regular battallion.

This badge is a onme piece, with a deeper gold colouring than usually found on anodised badges, giving quite a good gilt & silver effect.
        Also interesting is the lack of symmetry in the wreath, which is far wider to the right as wviewed from the front.
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X