Medal ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal ribbon

Hello all-I wonder if anyone can identify the ribbon I've posted below?
    Whilst rumaging through some gear in the loft I found it in amongst some vintage Action Man stuff I've had since I was a nipper...a genuine attic find!

I've saw the ribbon photographed in a book amongst other court mounted medals(The International Militaria Collector's Guide by Gary Sterne),so I know it's British-but that's all as the book didn't specify.

Ps,if anyone needs it then let me know(gratis)

Neil
    Attached Files

British War Medal WW1 as in this group.

I'd love it
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse shown in this one
      Attached Files

Comment

Pm me your details and I will send it to you next week
        (I would rather it go to a good home than sitting incongruously amongst my German medals).
        By the way-does the medal have a specific name?

Thanks,
        Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Neil B
          Pm me your details and I will send it to you next week
          (I would rather it go to a good home than sitting incongruously amongst my German medals).
          By the way-does the medal have a specific name?

Thanks,
          Neil
          Yes, Jim actually said it: the British War Medal (shortened to BWM on occassion).

Comment

This whole thread is a conspiracy to enable Jim to taunt me with that Bechuanaland LS&GC. Which, incidently, I covet greatly - not unlike my neighbour's Ass. Ooops!

Comment

Strange how these things turn up-I put all my action man stuff away in an old suitcase many many years ago in case I ever had children.
              Several house-moves later and it was still untouched.
              I only got it down from the loft after telling my little boy about my old toys-he pestered me for days to show him what I used to play with(I found a boxed Action Man uniform,lot's of old outfits,figures,guns,model tanks and even my Scalextric set was there skulking in a dark corner!)

Neil
              Last edited by Neil B; 09-19-2004, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Sorry Tony, .
                I shall censor all future images.

Originally posted by Tony Farrell
                This whole thread is a conspiracy to enable Jim to taunt me with that Bechuanaland LS&GC. Which, incidently, I covet greatly - not unlike my neighbour's Ass. Ooops!

Comment

Hi Neil,
                  remember these themselves are collectable (the action man items and the scalextric) could have the funds for your next purchase at your finger tips !!!!

Ashley

Comment

Ah, action man. Quality product. Hours & hours of endless assaults on the compost heap. Mine got binned.

http://www.vintageactionman.com/home.html

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X