X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badge Variations

Just to keep it going while Leigh refreshes himself

The open wreath Hampshire Regt badge.

Looking at the badge after posting that cat looks positively scrawny, I wonder if those are tiger stripes or ribs. Poor little Mogadishu moggie.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jim Maclean; 09-18-2004, 01:53 PM.

And a couple of variations on the Dorset Regt.

The wide wreath of 1906, can't find this one in the books but the Regimental museum has one on display.
    The abbreviated title of 'Dorset' post 1951. I'm somewhat sceptical of this badge as I was in the Dorset ACF back in my youth and all our badges were 'Dorsetshire' on the scroll until we were given the 'Staybrite' crap that had 'Dorset' on the scroll. No example in the museum either.
    Attached Files

Comment

Not in a position to provide full details at the moment, but there are references to the "wide" Dosertshie badge - there was one in an article in Crown Imperial" in the 80's & also I think that the old 1930's Palyers set of cigarette cards on badges & colours shows the wide badge.

The "Dorset" appears in K&K & in Gaylor, I've seen them in the past but never bothered to get one, concentrating on older badges at the time.i

Comment

Originally posted by leigh kitchen
        The "Dorset" appears in K&K & in Gaylor...
        K&K show as KK2000, sealed in bi-metal 4/10/56 & also refer to the anodised version.

Comment

As usual didn't do my homework, I must look at K&K 2 more. Gaylor has a good book, but I do struggle with his wording at times.

I still find it strange that the museum doesn't display this badge and that as cadets in the 60s we were supplied with badges supposedly pre 1951.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X