1st ptn polish airborne beret???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st ptn polish airborne beret???

Opinions on this ash grey beret made by,British beret basque LTD,note the vent holes in the front of the beret!! no leather protection on the ventholes!! i am pretty sure this is not removed. other berets i see beforre made by BBB had leather protection on the vent holes,and the ventholes placed on the right side of the beret.
    All comments welcome!!!

Thank you Marcel
    Attached Files

pics

more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

more pics2

mpics
      Attached Files

Comment

mpics2

more
        Attached Files

Comment

The Polish troops wore their badge in the location of the "vent holes". Presumably the badges had two lugs that were inserted through these holes and the brass linings prevented wear.

Comment

beret

not sure about this beret ...... i was told all berets for the polish brigade were made by A&J GELFER GLASGOW scotland as the only ones ive ever seen have been a single piece made one and the other one made up of three sections these berets were of a different colour than yours .......

regards paul........

Comment

Raf

Comment

Wrong colour all together -this is RAF I think ?

Comment

re beret

The first ptn is in a different color then the second ptn,litle darker more grey!! nobody ever seen a one piece beffore i have a life time garantee on this one,and this particulier beret will be published in a book about british airborne headress next year,i will wait a litle more about putting this writing of the dealer here,and wait for some more replys. i see some raf berets beforre and construction and color are very different.
                  But please any more opinions and comments are welcome!!

Regards Marcel

Comment

Given that Polish (Army) cap eagles did not have East - West fastening ......................The Poles favoured wearing their cap eagle centre front. Given that the adjustment tape is to the centre rear of the beret, and worn in line with the nape of the neck, the " badge " holes / vents should therefore be diametrically opposite . In this case they are not and are to the side, the correct position for the RAF cap badge. Are you confusing this beret with the RAF wool serge type ? Also RAF berets never had leather protection over the vent grommets . Likewise the Service Sidecap.
                    Looks like another howler appearing in print.

Comment

polish beret

Thank you, Zipper this is why i put the beret here!! more comments welcome!!!

Regards Marcel

Comment

1st

1st pattern were much lighter ... more of a dove grey.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Jucha View Post
                          1st pattern were much lighter ... more of a dove grey.
                          And also had a cloth sweatband, not leather. See this picture.

Luc

Comment

"nobody ever seen a one piece beffore i have a life time garantee on this one"

You are asking for comments but it sounds as if your mind is already up.

Comment

I

I've seen one .... badly "mouse eaten" ....
                              Nothing like the one in the picture, and as Luc mentioned, more of a cloth, ribbon material sweatband.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X